Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What is this strange lack of noise?

Silence is so strange for me. I think it was the years in a house full of sisters and then my house full of kids. Tonight it's dead silent. The kids are at Brads house for the night. I have no date. I can occasionally hear grandma walking around but that's it!

It's like the langoliers around here!!! (A little Stephen King reference for mom.)

So I scrubbed my kitchen until it sparkled. I washed my sheets that were washed a few days ago. I reorganized the cans in my cabinets. This feeling should pass right?

On a side note, I am only a few small steps from employment. I missed my meeting to get in on account of a battery problem in the car. Many many thanks to Christy for coming to rescue us on the side of the freeway.(Why do you always break down on the freeway? Is that just one of those things like traffic when you are running late?)

2 comments:

Christy said...

Glad I could help.

Hopefully the next time you go to interview you arrive on time and the interview goes fabulous.

Trish said...

Don't worry. One day you'll embrace the silence when you can get it.

Was missing the meeting a deal breaker? I hope not!

Hang in there.
See ya on Halloween night?


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones