Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Starting with myself

My pledge to help keep others from a preventable death would mean nothing if I didn't also do it for myself. So first thing Monday morning I headed to the Dr. for a head to toe physical with special attention on my fondly nicknamed "Izzie spots".(I miss her already guys!)

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, A few months ago I got some salmon colored spots on my abdomen. I'm not going to lie, skin cancer was on my mind. I mean. I'm not a tanner but I've had some major burns in my time. And I've been scared to have them checked out. Nobody wants to get bad news, but bad news later might have been devastating news.

Well at first the Dr was a little concerned. After careful examination it was determined that I have Pityriasis Rosea. In lamens terms this means "your skin changed color for no good reason and will return to normal in a few months." So in the mean time I look like a leper but I'm healthy!

All other reports were good. He's slightly concerned I might have a galbladder problem but with the problems Amber had I told him I don't want to persue anything until I feel like it's a problem. He was ok with that. Also, it turns out I'm almost 5'4'' which is freakin awesome! LOL I guess I never really knew how tall I was.

Well now I need to go plant shopping with Grandma B. Love you guys!

3 comments:

Trish said...

Good job Kayleigh!!!
And good news about your spots.
It would make this mom so happy to know that all my kids kept a good close eye on their health.
Have insurance, get check ups, don't be taken by surprise.
Now that my baby making days are over I plan to gift myself with a complete physical every year around my birthday. I'm gonna gift Roger the same thing.
Let's all stick together for a REALLY long time.
I love you all so much!

Amber said...

That's great about the spots. I'm sorry to hear about the gallbladder. You're right about waiting it out. 5 4 huh? I thought you were shorter then that. :) Love you!

Christy said...

That's great that you got it checked out and SO GREAT that it is just spots! You are waling the walk... way to go.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones